ATLANTA, Ind. — AgriNews and Beck’s are searching for the 27th Indiana Farm Family of the Year. Nominations are now being accepted for this distinguished award.
For the past 26 years, AgriNews and Beck’s have been honoring an Indiana farm family for their work on the farm and service to their community and the agricultural industry.
The award is aimed at increasing awareness of the important contributions that farm families make.
“Family farms are vital to the agriculture industry, but are also an integral component to rural communities,” said Scott Beck, president of Beck’s. “This award recognizes a family who strives to serve both.”
Previous recipients of the Indiana Farm Family of the Year award include:
• 1998 — The Kohlhagen Family of Jasper County
• 1999 — The Walker Family of Blackford County
• 2000 — The Bontrager Family of Elkhart County
• 2001 — The Stinson Family of Clinton County
• 2002 — The Ambriole Family of Huntington County
• 2003 — The Schlatter Family of Allen County
• 2004 — The Johnson Family of Orange County
• 2005 — The Perkins Family of LaGrange County
• 2006 — The Bell Family of Wayne County
• 2007 — The Leininger Family of St. Joseph County
• 2008 — The Ring Family of Dubois County
• 2009 — The Minich-May Family of Carroll County
• 2010 — The Mohler Family of Clinton County
• 2011 — The Coy Family of Decatur County
• 2012 — The Hayden Family of Lake County
• 2013 — The Baird Family of Washington County
• 2014 — The Duttlinger Family of Jasper County
• 2015 — The Hadley Family of Allen County
• 2016 — The Clauson Family of Fulton County
• 2017 — The Miller Family of DeKalb County
• 2018 — The Ramsey Family of Shelby County
• 2019 — The Wenning Family of Decatur County
• 2020 — The Everett Family of Boone County
• 2021 — The Stephenson Family of Johnson County
• 2022 — The Schenk Family of Posey County
• 2023 — The Hamilton Family of Vigo County
“As a family-owned agricultural business, AgriNews believes in the importance of farm families, and we want to spotlight their significant contributions, both on and off the farm, in agriculture and in their communities, while thanking one special family, in particular,” said James Henry, AgriNews executive editor. “It is our honor to present this award to celebrate the 27th Indiana Farm Family of the Year.”
To nominate a family, scan the QR code or go to http://bit.ly/FarmFamily2023. The deadline to submit nominations is Sept. 30.
The family will be recognized at the Indiana Farm Bureau State Convention in December and the Purdue Fish Fry in February.
For more information, contact Henry at 815-410-2257 or firstname.lastname@example.org.