WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Every dollar spent via Indiana Grown activities resulted in 97 cents in additional economic activity within Indiana, according to a study from the Purdue University Department of Agricultural Economics.
1. Consumer survey results showed that over 33% of Hoosier’s have awareness and perceptions of the Indiana Grown program and label.
2. For Indiana Grown members, the survey found that the value of the program to their business is equivalent to approximately $13,600.
3. The total economic footprint of the Indiana Grown program was $13.91 million as of 2020.
4. According to the survey, members are satisfied with their membership and would recommend the program to others.
5. The most popular Indiana Grown events are the Indiana State Fair and the Market at Monument Circle. Members would like to see more events in 2023.
“The economic impact study conducted by Purdue shows how valuable Indiana Grown is to the state,” said Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch.
“I am grateful to show our Indiana Grown members that their hard work and dedication to the program is paying off.”
Learn more about Indiana Grown at indianagrown.org.