BLOOMINGTON, Ill. — Illinois Farm Bureau members are invited to learn the latest in trucking laws and regulations during a series of seminars around the state in February and March.
“These seminars are opportunities for farmers to ask agriculture-related transportation questions about trucking regulations and rules,” said Rodney Knittel, IFB assistant director of transportation and infrastructure.
“Farmers will learn about new trucking laws, current laws that still apply and whether exemptions are available and engage in discussions and feedback with enforcement officials.”
IFB Rules for the Road seminars will cover recent changes in transportation laws, as well as commonly misunderstood rules.
Topics will include U.S. Department of Transportation requirements, Unified Carrier Registration, Entry Level Driver Training for a commercial driver’s license, driver’s license classification and more.
The following 12 live seminars will bring together farmers and representatives from enforcement agencies. Additionally, the March 1 seminar offers a virtual option.
Representatives will discuss new and current rules and issues they see most often on the road. Participants can also submit any questions they may have for enforcement agencies.
Seminar dates, times, locations and host county Farm Bureaus are:
• Feb. 22 — 10 a.m., Gateway FS, Baldwin; hosted by Randolph County Farm Bureau.
• Feb. 22 — 6 p.m., Clay County Farm Bureau office, Louisville.
• Feb. 23 — 10 a.m., McBride Mack Sales, Carbondale; hosted by Williamson County Farm Bureau.
• Feb. 27 — 10 a.m., Prairieland FS, Jacksonville; hosted by Cass-Morgan Farm Bureau.
• March 1 — 6 p.m., Richland Community College, Decatur; hosted by Macon County Farm Bureau. This seminar is also available virtually.
• March 2 — 9 a.m., Lincoln Land Community College, Litchfield; hosted by Montgomery County Farm Bureau.
• March 7 — 9 a.m., Ford-Iroquois Farm Bureau office, Gilman.
• March 7 — 6 p.m., Roanoke Farmers Association elevator, Roanoke; hosted by Woodford County Farm Bureau.
• March 9 — 6 p.m., LaSalle County Farm Bureau building, Ottawa.
• March 14 — 6 p.m., More Brewing Co., Huntley; hosted by Kane County Farm Bureau.
• March 15 — 10 a.m., Elizabeth Community Building, Elizabeth; hosted by Jo Daviess County Farm Bureau.
• March 15 — 6 p.m., Knox County Farm Bureau office, Galesburg.
All IFB members are invited to attend the seminars and can contact their local county Farm Bureau for more information and to register.