LA SALLE, Ill. — Haven’t had time to submit your photos for the Celebrating Youth in Agriculture contest? Don’t fret. You now have until Aug. 25 to join the celebration.
In 2020, after the cancellation of county fairs and state fairs, AgriNews launched its own 4-H contest online. Last year, the contest was expanded to also include FFA.
So, get out your camera or camera phone and post those pictures of your children and grandchildren with their 4-H and FFA projects now on the website — qr.shawlocal.com/youthinag22 — to help recognize the youths’ talent, effort and skill. Photos can be uploaded in six categories.
Then, from Aug. 26 to Sept. 8, everyone can vote for their favorite in each category. A panel of 4-H and FFA judges will also pick their favorites.
Twelve winners — the people’s choice and the judges’ favorite in the six categories — will each receive a $50 gift card. The winners and a collection of other entries will be published in a special section of AgriNews on Sept. 23.
Entrants will be asked to share basic information, such as name, 4-H club or FFA chapter, and describe the project in their photo. They will also be asked why that project is important to them.
The categories are:
• 4-H Livestock — sponsored by MacAllister Agriculture.
• 4-H Crops & Conservation — sponsored by NDY Manufacturing.
• 4-H Foods & Nutrition — sponsored by First State Bank Mendota.
• 4-H Arts & Crafts — sponsored by RJ Bowers.
• Mini 4-H: Youth in Kindergarten through Second Grade — sponsored by Rohlfs Implement.
• FFA Experiences — sponsored by Farmers National Bank.
Youths can enter multiple categories. Projects must be completed between Aug. 1, 2021, and July 28, 2022.