Farmers stay working for longer than those in other professions. As they age, it’s important to make healthy living a priority.
A 17-year-old girl who died after helping to clean a hog confinement building in Kossuth County was overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities said April 22.
A 76-year-old eastern Indiana woman has died after being trapped in a grain bin on her farm in Henry County.
On-farm grain storage is on the rise with additional bins being built on farms and on commercial sites, creating a greater risk of fatal mishaps for individuals working in and around them.
Farmer safety was in the spotlight during Stand Up 4 Grain Safety Week. “The past year has been notable — to say the least — when it comes to health and safety in all aspects of our lives,” said Mike Seyfert, president and CEO of National Grain and Feed Association. “We’ve learned that small changes can make a big impact.”
It’s critical to find hazards on the farm before an accident happens. The National Grain and Feed Association shared ways to put safety first during Grain Safety Week.
A central Indiana man died April 10 from injuries he suffered when he was thrown from his off-road vehicle, conservation officers said.