CENTENNIAL, Colo. — On the consumer side of the beef industry, trends this year include budget-friendly options and healthy recipes.
According to the Beef Checkoff, the following areas are trending:
Home cooking and healthy habits were big in 2021 and are expected to continue this year.
Beef’s versatility means there are a variety of lean cuts to choose from. Beef pairs with vegetables for a protein-packed, delicious meal.
As an added bonus, healthy diets with beef can provide immunity-boosting benefits.
Quick meals that leave you with leftovers make things a little easier. If you want to turn leftovers into a completely new dish, enjoy a roast one night and save the leftovers for a new dish later in the week.
For those on a budget, ground beef, chuck steak, chuck roast and top round steak are more affordable options.
According to the Beef Checkoff, the following beef cuts are becoming more widely available across the United States, or are peaking for the current season.
1. Stew meat: A full-flavored staple. Great for slow-cooking, chili and stews.
2. Chuck short ribs: A crowd favorite, short ribs are known for their richness and meatiness — flavorful, moist and tender when slow-cooked.
3. Flank steak: Lean and boneless with lots of intense beef flavor. Best when marinated and grilled or sliced thin and stir-fried.
4. Inside skirt: Opposite the outside skirt steak, this cut is known for its robust flavor profile. Marinate and grill hot for fajitas or use for stir-fry.
5. Brisket flat half: The leaner half of the whole brisket is also known as the “first cut,” this full-flavored meat can be sliced or shredded.
Learn more at www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/cuts.