INDIANAPOLIS — There are a plethora of new foods to try at the Indiana State Fair July 29-Aug. 21.
There will be more than 140 food stands offering tried and true favorites alongside new dishes. Check out the latest:
• Peach Shake Up, offered by R&W Concessions: Fresh lemons, sugar, ice and water along with peach flavoring for a great summertime taste.
• Pickle Pizza, offered by Swains Concessions: Homemade dough with a dill ranch sauce topped with mozzarella cheese, dill seasoning and dill pickles.
• Boba Fun Cup, offered by Goodwin’s Pork-N-More: Vanilla ice cream layered with strawberry Boba balls, sliced strawberries and gummy bears.
• State Fair Mary, offered by Urick Concessions: A delicious, 24-ounce Bloody Mary topped with all the State Fair favorites — three skewers of fair food treats like waffle fries, deep-fried cheese curds, deep-fried mac and cheese, mini corn dogs, bacon, fried pickles and a BBQ pulled pork slider.
• New Crispy Chicken Sandwich, offered by Wilson Concessions: It’s a crispy chicken breast on a fresh bun with your choice of toppings — lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, mayonnaise and mustard.
• Deep-fried brownies, offered by R&W Concessions: Ooey Gooey Brownies dipped in funnel cake batter, deep fried then topped with powdered sugar with a drizzle of chocolate syrup for chocolate lovers’ taste buds.
• Flamin’ Hot Cheetos walking taco, offered by Meatball Factory LLC: Flamin’ Hot Cheetos crushed in the bag with taco meat, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, pico de gallo and sour cream.
• Pit-tatoes, offered by Indiana Pork Producers Association: Pit-Tatoes include pulled pork, shredded cheddar cheese, jalapeños and sour cream.
• The Original Cowpie, offered by Indiana Ribeye: It’s a delicious homemade chocolate chip cookie with creamy vanilla ice cream in the center and another chocolate chip cookie to top it off.
• Lemon Shake Up Canned Cocktail, offered by Hi & Mighty: Made by Hi & Mighty, a new craft spirits distillery on the Indiana State Fairgrounds, this bubbly refresher will remind you of the fair during the magic hour in the waning days of summer.
• Mexican Street Corn in a Cup, offered by Wilson Concessions: It is made up of roasted sweet corn, mayonnaise, hot sauce, cheese and Mexican spices.
• Quick Quesadilla, offered by American Dairy Association Indiana Inc.: Quick Quesadilla served with Indiana’s own Red Gold Salsa.
• Mac Diggity Corn Dog, offered by Gobble Gobble Food Truck: The Mac Diggity Corn Dog is an old favorite of the Mac Daddy with a twist — it’s on a corn dog. The crunch of the corn dog with the mac is just dog-gone delightful.
• Nitro Fuel, offered by Goodwin’s Pork-N-More: Fresh brewed Lipton Iced Tea mixed with World Famous Blue Raspberry Lemon Twister.
• Iced Mocha Coffee Float, offered by Hooks Drug Store Museum: Hand-dipped ice cream on top of a chocolate-flavored iced coffee, topped with your choice of whipped cream and a cherry.
• Bison Lettuce Wrap, offered by Red Frazier Bison: Butter lettuce filled with ground bison, sweet onion, water chestnut, ginger, carrot, soy and Hoisin sauce.
• Deep-fried cheese stick, offered by R&W Concessions: Mozzarella cheese dipped in corn dog batter then deep fried to a golden brown.
• Mint Cookie Milkshake, offered by American Dairy Association Indiana Inc.: A mint cookie milkshake served with crumbled Girl Scouts Thin Mint Cookies.
• Vegan Nachos, offered by Black Leaf Vegan: The all-vegan nachos are loaded with fresh tortilla chips, juicy plant based meat, crispy coleslaw, pico de gallo and cheese, topped with creamy ranch, guacamole sauce and sweet teriyaki.
• State Fair Charcuterie Board, offered by Urick Concessions: Urick Concessions has replaced the traditional cheeses, meats and nuts of a charcuterie with mini funnel cakes, mini corn dogs, salt water taffy, cotton candy, caramel corn and popcorn corn topped with a sprinkle of colored candies — all of your favorite classic Indiana State Fair staples.
• Pretzel Nacho Bites, offered by Wilson Concessions: Fresh pretzel bites covered in nacho cheese, sour cream, jalapeños and bacon bits.
• Caramel Corn beer, offered by Sun King: You know the saying, there’s more than corn in Indiana? Well, sometimes it is all about the corn in Indiana. Sun King and Indiana State Fair Beer have partnered again for a new 2022 Indiana State Fair beer. This year’s beer is Caramel Corn. There are 100 pounds of Just Pop In Caramel Popcorn in the batch. Fun fact — kernels hail from a local popcorn farmer. You will be able to get your hands on Caramel Corn beer during the 2022 Indiana State Fair and a limited amount will be available on draft at Sun King tap room locations and at Just Pop In.
For information, visit www.indianastatefair.com.