LA SALLE, Ill. — All the projects have been completed and shared online with AgriNews in the second-annual Celebrating Youth in Agriculture contest. Now, it’s time for you to vote.
Go to qr.shawlocal.com/youthinag21 to review the entries submitted during the past month and pick your favorites.
Entries were uploaded from the barn, the field and the lab. So, help us celebrate these youths and their talent, effort and skill.
Vote for your favorite in each category once a day through Oct. 1. A panel of judges will also pick their favorites.
Twelve winners — the people’s choice and the judges’ favorite in the six categories — will each receive a $50 gift card.
The winners and a collection of other entries will be published in a special section of AgriNews on Oct. 15.
The categories are:
• 4-H Livestock: beef, cats, dairy cattle, dairy goats, dogs, horses, meat goats, poultry, rabbits, sheep, small pets, guinea pigs, swine, and veterinary science.
• 4-H Crops & Conservation: crops, horticulture, plant and soil science, entomology, beekeeping, forestry, geology, environment, natural resources, outdoor adventures, sportsfishing, wildlife, weather, and shooting sports.
• 4-H Foods & Nutrition: cooking, food decorating, food preservation, food science, sports nutrition, and health.
• 4-H Arts & Crafts: communications, creative writing, journalism, public speaking, interior design, photography, theater arts, video, visual art,; aerospace, bicycles, clothing, computer science, electricity, robotics, small engines, drones, tractors, welding, and woodworking.
• Mini 4-H — Youth in Kindergarten through Second Grade, sponsored by NDY Manufacturing: alpaca; archery; bicycle; bugs and entomology; cake decorating; collecting; crafts; dinosaurs; electric; farm animals; flowers and plants; foods; forestry; garden; horse and pony; models; pets; photography; robotics; sewing; sun, stars and space; weather; whales and dolphins; wildlife adventure; and woodworking.
• FFA Experiences: placement or internship; ownership or entrepreneurship; experimental, analysis or invention research; school-based enterprise; and service learning.