SALINA, Kan. — Beck’s broke ground on a new distribution and research facility in Salina, Kansas, on Oct. 11. The 140-acre property is Beck’s first permanent location in Kansas.
Plans for the new site include a 96,000-square-foot distribution building and 100 acres dedicated to Practical Farm Research studies.
“We are excited to break ground and establish roots in Kansas,” said Sonny Beck, CEO of Beck’s. “This investment is a reflection of our commitment to farmers in the West, allowing us to serve them faster and more efficiently with the high-quality products and support they need to succeed.”
Construction is expected to be completed in 2024. The site will also host Beck’s Kansas Field Show.
Other western expansion efforts:
• In August 2023, Beck’s celebrated the grand opening of its new distribution and PFR facility in Goehner, Nebraska.
• Beck’s hosted its first-ever Nebraska Field Show with nearly 1,000 farmers in attendance.
• On Jan. 1, 2022, Beck’s acquired the Hartung Brothers facility in Coon Rapids, Iowa, for corn and soybean production, processing and distribution.
• In August 2021, Beck’s purchased a processing facility for soybean processing and production in Beaman, Iowa.
• Additionally, Beck’s has facilities in Iowa in Colfax, Mount Pleasant and Marshalltown.
“Kansas has targeted the food and agriculture sector as key to growing the state economy,” said Nadira Hazim-Patrick, Kansas Department of Commerce assistant secretary.
“Beck’s is a perfect example of the kind of company we were hoping to attract. Their impact will be felt not only in Salina, but across the state.”