INDIANAPOLIS — The 2023-2024 National FFA officer team was elected Nov. 4 during the final session of the 96th National FFA Convention and Expo in Indianapolis.
Students from Michigan, Missouri, Florida, Iowa, Ohio and New Mexico were elected by National FFA Delegates to serve as 2023-2024 National FFA officers. They will lead the organization for the next year.
These members were selected from 35 candidates vying for the honor. Candidates take part in an extensive interview process with the National FFA Officer Nominating Committee leading up to the selection.
• Amara Jackson of Michigan was elected national president. She is a former member of the Corunna FFA Chapter.
• Grant Norfleet of Missouri was elected national secretary. He is a former member of the Mexico FFA Chapter.
• Carter Howell of Florida was elected southern region vice president. He is a former member of the Durant Senior FFA Chapter.
• Kanyon Huntington of Iowa was elected central region vice president. He is a former member of the East Union FFA Chapter.
• Morgan Anderson of Ohio was elected eastern region vice president. She is a former member of the Amanda-Clearcreek FFA Chapter.
• Emily Gossett of New Mexico was elected western region vice president. She is a former member of the Silver City FFA Chapter.
Each year, during the National FFA Convention and Expo, six student members are elected by delegates to represent the organization as national officers.
Delegates elect a president, secretary and vice presidents representing the country’s central, southern, eastern and western regions.
Throughout their year of service to the National FFA Organization, the officers will interact with business and industry leaders, thousands of FFA members and teachers, corporate sponsors, government and education officials, state FFA leaders, the general public and more.
The team will lead personal growth and leadership training conferences for FFA members throughout the country and help set policies that will guide the future of FFA and the next generation of leaders.
The National FFA Organization is a school-based national youth leadership development organization of more than 945,000 student members as part of 9,163 local FFA chapters in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.