GREENCASTLE, Ind. — Sixty-five delegates from 31 counties attended the 2023 State 4-H Junior Leader Conference June 13-16 at DePauw University.
The theme for the week was “Leadership Under Construction.” Delegates participated in eight jobsite skill sessions and eight small group meetings.
Other event highlights included keynote speaker Miles Payne, a networking event and banquet and a dance.
When they weren’t busy honing in their leadership skills, the teens played water games and took part in the great “NASCART” grocery cart race.
The 2024 State 4-H Junior Leader Council was elected during the conference. The group will work together over the next year to plan the 2024 conference.
2024 State 4-H Junior Leader Council Members
• Christopher Carroll, Lawrence County.
• Colleen Donaldson, Lake County.
• Paul Folz, Vanderburgh County.
• Mackenzie Freeman, Brown County.
• Savannah Gregg, Elkhart County.
• Addison Heilman, Warrick County.
• Callie Hogan, Clay County.
• Sydney Ishmiel, Benton County.
• Rosalind Kidwell, Warrick County.
• Bailey Mills, Cass County.
• Susanna Miskimen, Hendricks County.
• Joseph Moesner, Warrick County.
• Belle Towns, Boone County.
• Alexis Waling, Jasper County.
The 2023 event sponsors were Farm Credit Mid-America, Ceres Solutions, Corteva Agriscience and John Garr II.