This week I wanted to share my latest list — five Indiana Grown businesses I’d like to support this summer.
The coronavirus outbreak has hit small businesses hard. It’s important to me to find ways to incorporate small-scale shops into my shopping list.
1. Fresh meat ready to hit the grill: Poe Quality Meats, 1108 W 200 N, Franklin.
2. A bottle of locally-bottled honey to enjoy in my tea: Bastin Honey Bee Farm, 5002 W 450 S, Knightstown.
3. Something for my sweet tooth: So Good Candies, 25 W. Third St., Suite A, Peru.
4. Some fresh popcorn for movie night: ChicagoLand Popcorn, 5470 E. Lincoln Hwy., Merrillville.
5. A beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers to brighten up my kitchen: S&E Produce and Flowers, 320 Griffith Rd., Greenwood.
Learn more about Indiana Grown at www.indianagrown.org.