SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — Illinois FFA proficiency state winners have been selected based on the FFA members’ outstanding agricultural skills and competencies through recordkeeping, leadership and scholastic achievement.
Illinois FFA recognizes students in 50 different areas based on their work-based learning, also known as Supervised Agricultural Experiences.
SAEs allow students to learn by doing by either owning and operating an agricultural business, working or serving an internship at an agriculture-based business or conducting an agriculture-based scientific experiment and reporting results.
The following students won state awards:
• Ag Communications — Bradleigh Schaefer, Cambridge FFA.
• Ag Education — Ashley Althaus, Amboy FFA.
• Ag Mechanics-Design and Fabrication — William Ornduff, United FFA.
• Ag Mechanics-Repair and Maintenance Entrepreneur — Alec Thompson, United FFA.
• Ag Mechanics-Repair and Maintenance Placement — Kip Hoerr, Princeville FFA.
• Agricultural Processing — Alea Ogle, Streator FFA.
• Agricultural Sales Entrepreneur — Korey Bunselmeyer, Trico FFA.
• Agricultural Sales Placement — Karli Franklin, Manteno FFA.
• Agricultural Services — Kayla White, Stillman Valley FFA.
• Agriscience Research-Animal Systems — Sara Timm, Cisne FFA.
• Agriscience Research-Integrated Systems — Delana Erbsen, Eastland FFA.
• Agriscience Research-Plant Systems — Jessie Lewis, Massac County FFA.
• Beef Production Entrepreneur — Sawyer Willrett, DeKalb FFA.
• Beef Production Placement — Kelsey Ray, Goreville FFA.
• Dairy Production Entrepreneur — Rosalee Zehr, Flanagan-Cornell FFA.
• Dairy Production Placement — Jacob Raber, Prairie Central FFA.
• Diversified Agriculture Production — Tanner Mickey, Taylorville FFA.
• Diversified Crop Production Entrepreneur — Owen Jenks, United FFA.
• Diversified Crop Production Placement — Lance Moritz, Streator FFA.
• Diversified Horticulture — Madison Huebner, Waterloo FFA.
• Diversified Livestock Production — Eric Schafer, Taylorville FFA.
• Environmental Science and Natural Resource Management — Cody Bradshaw, Pittsfield FFA.
• Equine Science Entrepreneur — Elsie Nord, Clinton FFA.
• Equine Science Placement — Chelsea Ochs, Olney FFA.
• Fiber and/or Oil Crop Production — Spencer Meenen, GCMS FFA.
• Food Service — Hannah Callahan, Cisne FFA.
• Forage Production — Cole Neubauer, Tri-Valley FFA.
• Forest Management and Products — Megan Buttens, Oregon FFA.
• Fruit Production — Griffin Range, Freeburg FFA.
• Goat Production — Jessica Carlson, Somonauk-Leland-Sandwich FFA.
• Grain Production — Kendall Knodle, Nokomis FFA.
• Landscape Management — Jenna Korte, Scales Mound FFA.
• Nursery Operations — Garrett Granby, Seneca FFA.
• Outdoor Recreation — Kurtis Johnson, Pittsfield FFA.
• Poultry Production — Taylor Main, ROWVA FFA.
• Safety — Madison Wells, Oakwood FFA.
• Service Learning — Elizabeth Weidner, Teutopolis FFA.
• Sheep Production — Lauren Mohr, Normal West FFA.
• Small Animal Production and Care — Anna Wagner, Mercer County FFA.
• Specialty Animal Production — Will Shook, Fisher FFA.
• Specialty Crop Production — Lexi Mueller, Valmeyer FFA.
• Swine Production Entrepreneur — Kate Bond, Galatia FFA.
• Swine Production Placement — Emma Kuhns, Altamont FFA.
• Turf Grass Management — Logan Nodine, Cambridge FFA.
• Vegetable Production — Julian Ortiz, West Carroll FFA.
• Veterinary Science — Madison Schuette, Nashville FFA.
• Wildlife Production and Management — Lucas Althaus, AlWood FFA.
FFA members were selected as the state winner by a committee of agriculture teachers knowledgeable in this work-based area, who reviewed their records online and then conducted virtual interviews from their homes and offices throughout the state.
Receiving this honor now makes members eligible to compete in the National FFA Awards Selection process in July.
These students will receive plaques for their accomplishments that are made possible by gifts by individuals, businesses, corporations and organizations through the Illinois Foundation FFA.
To learn more about the FFA, visit http://www.ilaged.org.