It’s easy to get stressed out — especially when you work in the agriculture industry, where there are so many unknowns and so many factors that affect your bottom line.
Even in agricultural journalism, the job can get heavy. Not every story is a good news story.
Today I want to encourage you to take a break from your desk and walk around outside. Breathe in and out. Stretch. Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while.
Whatever it takes to ease your mind for a little bit.
Here are five easy ways to relax:
1. Take a warm shower or bath to soothe your muscles.
2. Pray, meditate or listen to soothing music.
3. Go outside and get a change of scenery.
4. Write down how you feel. You don’t have to show it to anyone. But writing helps you organize your thoughts and release emotion.
5. Drink lots of water. You’ll feel better if you’re hydrated.
Please remember: Your physical health and mental health are worth putting effort into.