2019 was a year of growth as my husband and I started our family and welcomed our son into the world. This February, we’ll welcome a daughter.
When I return from maternity leave, I’ll have plenty to catch up on at work. It will be the middle of planting season by then.
As I think about what I’d like to accomplish in 2020, here are my top five work goals:
1. Travel to all corners of the state. This year, I’d like to focus more on covering farms and ag businesses in small towns all over the map — especially Northern Indiana, where I haven’t had time to visit in a while.
2. Improve social media presence. This is always one of my goals — and it’s not going to change this year. I hope to gain more Twitter followers and improve the quality of my weekly blogs.
3. Take more videos while I’m on the road.
4. Write more “good news” stories when possible. We all need a reason to smile.
5. Take time to read books, not just news stories, about farming.