TRAFALGAR, Ind. — Although she has been an active member of the Frontier FFA for several years, Caitlyn Lewis is about to make a larger impact on Indiana FFA after she was selected as the 2019-2020 Indiana FFA secretary.
Lewis recently took time from serving the Indiana FFA to share five facts about herself.
- Her favorite leadership development event is the horticulture and landscape management demonstration.
- She joined FFA because she was “terrible” at band and dropped out and the only other option was a beginning agriculture class.
- She has a “crazy” obsession with America and wears red, white and blue a lot. Her prom dress was made by her grandmothers, who made her a red, white and blue dress.
- After serving as an Indiana FFA state officer, she will be attending Huntington University, where she will be majoring in agriculture education.
- She has a very “brown” thumb. She has killed three cacti and struggles at keeping plants alive.