MACOMB, Ill. — The newly-formed Western Illinois University equestrian show team won nine ribbons at its first show at Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri.
The team brought home one second-place ribbon, one third-place ribbon, two fourth-place ribbons, three fifth-place ribbons and two sixth-place ribbons.
Individual results include:
- Freshman nursing major Haley Homel, Burbank — fifth-place and fourth-place ribbons.
- Freshman foreign languages and cultures major Vanessa Rosales, Cicero — sixth-place and-second place ribbons.
- Junior agriculture major Elaina Crawford, Sullivan — third-place ribbon.
- Junior forensic chemistry major Shea Jones, Batavia — two fifth-place ribbons.
- Senior agriculture major Brianna Parada, Roxana — sixth-place and fourth-place ribbons.
The Intercollegiate Horse Show Association hosts various shows throughout the year, providing the opportunity for teams to compete and progress through a point system.
“As a new, up and coming organization on campus, we’re thrilled to have the opportunity to represent the University along with the School of Agriculture,” said team President Haley Smith, a senior agriculture major.
“For two of the girls, this was their very first horse show ever. We’re very proud of how all the girls did, and we’re looking forward to the next show in October.”
For more information about the team, visit bit.ly/2mFEQfY.