MOLINE, Ill. – The Rock Island County Farm Bureau Foundation has announced the recipients of its 2019 scholarships. These awards are given to outstanding high school students who have achieved a well-rounded high school career and understand the value of volunteerism. These applicants were selected based upon their academic, school, and community involvement by an independent committee appointed by the Rock Island County Farm Bureau Foundation Board of Directors.
This year, the Rock Island County Farm Bureau Foundation awarded four $1,500 scholarships to graduating high school seniors. The 2019 Foundation Scholarship winners are:
- Cody Bush, son of Jared Bush and DeAnna Bush, a 2019 graduate of Rockridge High School.
- Steven Pyevich, son of Steven C. Pyevich, a 2019 graduate of United Township High School.
- Sarah Saddoris, daughter of Mike and Amy Saddoris, a 2019 graduate of Riverdale High School.
- Baylee Schuldt, daughter of Chad and Joddi Schuldt, a 2019 graduate of United Township High School.
These scholarships have been made possible thanks to the financial gifts from several families. We also want to extend our sincere appreciation to the family of Myron and Helen Mueller who donated over $5,000 to the Foundation in support of funding one of the Foundation scholarships each year beginning in 2009. Currently, because of their additional giving, the funds have grown and will help fund a Foundation scholarship each year until the funds are exhausted.
The family of Glenn Mueller; the Lowell Johnson Charitable Foundation; and the Churchill Family Foundation have all contributed dollars towards the scholarships for the RICFB Foundation, as well.
Keppy Charitable Foundation Scholarship
This year, four Farm Bureau member dependents will receive a $3,000 scholarship for their continuing education courtesy of the Wilbert and Carol Keppy Charitable Foundation. The 2019 Keppy Scholarship winners are:
- Reagan Bush, daughter of Martin Bush, a 2017 graduate of Alleman High School.
- Heather Coers, daughter of Robert and Kristin Coers, a 2016 graduate of Erie High School.
- Nathan Flickinger, son of Jason and Elizabeth Flickinger, a 2018 graduate of Rockridge High School.
- Courtney Wiedenmann, daughter of Jeffrey and Barbara Wiedenmann, 2016 graduate of Orion High School.
George and Irene Stulz Family Scholarship
This year, two Farm Bureau member dependents will receive a $1,000 scholarship toward their post-secondary education courtesy of the George and Irene Stulz Family Scholarship. The 2019 Stulz Scholarship winners are:
- Brianna Gorham, daughter of Keith and Jodie Gorham, a 2017 graduate of Rockridge High School.
- Brittany Olson, daughter of Rob and Tammy Olson, a 2017 graduate of Rockridge High School.
The Stulz Family Scholarship was established in 2018. The scholarship awards monies to post-secondary students enrolled as a Junior or senior at a four-year university with a career focus in an agricultural field.
Scholarship applications are available from the Farm Bureau office in January and are open to those Farm Bureau members who have been a current Rock Island County Farm Bureau member for two years or more. For more information regarding the Rock Island County Farm Bureau Foundation and their scholarships, visit www.ricofarmbureau.org/foundation or call 309-736-7432.