Something I love about working at AgriNews is that I never write the same story twice. There always are new stories, new events and new people in Indiana’s agriculture world.
This year, I’m writing about and attending the first-ever Hoosier Hardwoods Festival.
After interviewing Joshua Barrett, marketing director at the expo center where the event is taking place, I’m pumped up.
The festival will take place Aug. 23-25 at the C Bar C Expo Center in Cloverdale, Ind. Tickets will be sold at the door.
The spotlight will be on forestry and lumberjacks, but there will be entertainment for everyone.
Here are five reasons why you should consider attending:
- To learn more about managing woods on your property. Whether or not you harvest wood, there’s a lot to be learned at this workshop. Check out the free seminars and educational workshops.
- To shop from the vendors. There’s nothing better than a homemade gift. I’m going to look for something special for my husband while I’m there.
- To experience an axe-throwing competition. Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend to me.
- To meet new people and ask industry experts questions. There are going to be more than 100 exhibitors and plenty of folks to talk to.
- To just have fun. Between live music, food and a beer garden, there’s plenty to experience.
Learn more about the festival at www.cbarcexpo.com/hoosier-hardwood-festival.